So, I LOVE the Seattle Storm. Who are the Seattle Storm, you may ask? They are only the best team in the entire WBNA (for real. 28-6 regular season, 4-0 playoffs, Western Conference Champions). My friend Coralea and I are season-ticket holders and on our way to becoming Super Fans. I grew up watching the Trailblazers, but I have to say, I love women’s basketball even more. It’s a purer game, more about the sport and the teamwork than about big name superstars.
Some important things to know if you also want to be a Storm fan:
1. Lauren Jackson is amazing
2. We hate LA with a fiery, fiery passion.
3. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix, is an a-hole.
4. The refs are ALWAYS against us.
5. We have the best home-court advantage in the league.
6. Doppler is the best mascot ever. Don’t ask what he is, it isn’t important.
7. First timeout of the 4th quarter = ride the train time. So cute!
8. We are undefeated at home this season.
Our top three WNBA villians:
1. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix. A-hole. Gets away with a lot of rough play. Really, really good player.
2. Delish Milton-Jones, Los Angeles. Nickname: DeNasty. Gave Lauren Jackson a concussion.
3. Lindsey “Flailin'” Whalen, Minnesota. Big time flopper. Looks like a jerk. Hair is always in a crooked pony tail.
As you can see, I’m a big fan. You should be a fan too! Next game is Sunday, September 12th, at Key Arena. WNBA Championships, baby. Go Storm!